Forgiveness is about more than just letting go. It’s about healing wounds and wiping away scars. It’s about feeling better—physically and emotionally. It’s about living your life with purpose and truly moving forward.
In Unconditional Forgiveness, Mary Hayes Grieco offers the Eight Steps to Freedom, a simple, effective eight-step program that teaches readers how to completely forgive in order to achieve both emotional and physical well-being. This step-by-step method incorporates emotional, energetic, and spiritual components that are accessible to everyone and offer lasting success.
The Eight Steps to Freedom are:
- Step One: Use Your Will Declare your intention through the power of will to begin the process of forgiveness.
- Step Two: Express Your Emotional Pain You are given complete freedom to express your honest emotions without judgment or fear.
- Step Three: Release Expectations from Your Mind Identify and let go of the expectations you had surrounding the person or situation that you are forgiving.
- Step Four: Restore Your Boundaries Firmly separate yourself from the harmful actions and attitudes of the other person or situation.
- Step Five: Open Up to Getting Your Needs Met in a Different Way Emotions have been released, expectations have been let go, and you no longer demand anything from the person or situation that you are forgiving.
- Step 6: Receive Healing Energy from Spirit Reach to a higher level, bringing unconditional love and light into your being.
- Step Seven: Send Unconditional Love to the Other Person or Situation and Release Unconditional love and light is freely given to the person or situation you are forgiving.
- Step Eight: See the Good in the Person or Situation Now that you are free from the past pain and grievance, recognize the good that can be taken from the person or situation.
Grieco walks the reader through each step and addresses the entire spectrum of painful issues, from the everydaymundane to the most difficult, as well as providing a way to forgive one’s self, when necessary. The how to appendix provides a perennial, off-the-shelf reference to swiftly guide readers through the process whenever the need arises. With Grieco’s in-depth yet simple program, your healing can be as swift as it is lasting.
Paperback | 208 pages